Adequate financial and accountancy training will open up many job opportunities to students all over the world. The kind of jobs that you can get if you train yourself in these fields will be lucrative and satisfying. You can get the opportunity to work in banks, agencies, financial institutions and many other types of businesses or organizations. The kind of job opportunities available will depend on the level of training you obtain. For example, you can get entry-level positions in finance and accounting after getting a certificate. For more advanced levels of employment, you can get training that will lead to bachelors, masters and doctorate degrees in finance and accounting. The jobs that you can get after these training programs include the following.
• You can become a personal financial adviser. This is one of the career fields experiencing the fastest growth. Statistics predict that there will be a thirty-seven percent increase in personal financing jobs from now until the year 2016. To get the best opportunity in this role, you should consider obtaining a bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance.
• You can become a certified public accountant after accountancy training. Accounting jobs are always in demand and most of them require that students get a bachelor’s degree at least. The corporate world offers the most accounting jobs because government regulations require the strict reporting of financial figures that are important in tax collection and returns. Accounting is necessary for the success of all businesses for it enables them to know the profit or loss that the business has made, how much to pay employees in terms of salaries, wages and benefits and other essential calculations.
• The other job that you can hold after financial and accountancy training is auditing. You will need to get two to four years of training in auditing and this will open job opportunities with government agencies and companies.
• You can become stockbroker and trader on behalf of clients because you will be knowledgeable about investing in various financial products.
• The other position you can get is a corporate treasurer where you can be in charge of maintaining or improving the finances of the company that will employ you.
• You can also become an investment banker after financial and accountancy training. Investment bankers work as financiers for companies, government agencies and many other institutions.
• This training also gives you the opportunity to become a commodity broker where you will have the necessary knowledge to help you assist clients in selling and buying physical commodities.
• Financial and accountancy training will also enable you to do investment analysis. This involves performing research to gather information necessary for knowing the investment opportunities available to investors.
• You can become an investment fund manager by giving your clients the information that will help them make good decisions on where to make investments.
• You can also put up your own accounting and financial services firm after acquiring enough experience in these fields.
You have a large option of jobs to take after completing financial training and accountancy training. However, to get the best professional job in these fields, you will have to compete with many other graduates with degrees in finance and accounting. It is advisable that you look for the jobs that you can get with your qualifications and then find ways to advance your career gradually.