For those of you who already have money in the bank either bank-owned or privately owned is certainly familiar with the ATM card, because the first time you open a savings account or open an account in a bank to be explained by its Customer Service regarding products and services provided by the bank , and one of them is an ATM. But sometimes Customer Service did not explain in detail what it is ATM, prospective customers were sometimes too ashamed to ask more detail what it is ATM. For those of you who want to know more details about the ATM card, the following will be explained in detail what it terms an ATM.
Understanding ATM. ATM in English known as Automatic teller machine, or in the Indonesian language known as Automated Teller Machines. ATM is an electronic device that is given by the bank to the account holder that can be used to transact electronically such as checking balances, transferring money and also withdraw money from an ATM machine without the need to be served a teller. Each card holder is given a PIN (personal identification number), or a private number that is confidential for security in the use of ATMs.
So what’s different ATM cards with debit cards. the difference is the way consumer. If used for transactions at the ATM machine, then the card is known as an ATM card, but if it is used to transact payments and non-cash expenditures using EDC (Electronic Data Capture), then the card is known as a debit card.
For other than authorized Debit card with PIN, it is also possible with signature authorization as well as Credit Cards. Boundary (limit) debit card transactions and ATM card depends on the type of card you have. Generally consists of limit the number and frequency of transactions, whether for cash withdrawals, expenditures, transfers.
Uses ATM Cards
Debit and ATM Cards useful as a tool to conduct transactions and obtain banking information electronically.
Transaction types that are available include:
1. Cash withdrawal
2. Cash deposits
3. Transfer of funds
The type of information that are available include:
* Balance information
* Information exchange
Along with the advancement of technology, the type of transaction and information available will continue to grow.
The advantage of using an ATM card
* Easily. No need to come to the bank to make a transaction or obtain information.
* Safe. No need to carry cash for shopping transactions in stores.
* Flexible. Cash withdrawal transactions / purchases via ATM / EDC to do in their own bank network, local and international networks.
* Freely. Can transact faithful as though the holiday.
The meaning of the logo on the card and Debit ATM Card
Logo listed on the card indicates that the card has access to the network contained the same logo. Networks are:
Local Network: Link, ALTO, ATM Together, PRIMA.
International Network: CIRRUS, MAESTRO, MasterCard Electronic, Plus VISA, VISA Electron.
Generally, banks will charge a fee for use of the card, including a monthly administrative fee and transaction costs, in particular transactions using other networks.
Transaction costs imposed by the network via the issuing bank aka different for transactions conducted in local networks and international networks.
Things that need to be considered
1. If the card is lost or damaged, immediately contact your issuing bank call center.
2. Make sure the card is always under scrutiny, because it is just like a personal wallet / cash.
3. Make sure the card is not transferable / loaned to another person.
4. Do not put cards in the near objects that emit electromagnetic or over hot objects.
5. Do not inform your PIN to anyone else because it is personal and confidential.
6. Errors enter your PIN repeatedly will result in a cash machine swallowed the card or blocked.
7. Ask your bank about the costs and limits (limit) transactions.
8. Keep the receipt until you make sure the transaction is not problematic.